Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Baltimore Drive-by, Part X

Blake cursed softly and threw his cigarette to the ground. Then he lit another. He'd been waiting for McCarver for half an hour. We'd been waiting.

He took a notebook from his back pocket and started scribbling. I had to hand it to the man. Even though he'd branched out into armed robbery, he was still a writer. I wondered if I'd turn up in his story the way I'd turned up in McCarver's. I knew one thing: If I ever robbed people and wrote about it, I'd disguise myself so well in the story that no one would recognize me.

[Read the rest of "The Baltimore Drive-by, Part X" here. Read all of "The Baltimore Drive-by" so far here.]

© Peter Rozovsky 2009

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

The tenth installment already? How many pages is that in your notebook, Peter? One page a day, a book a year. Although that's not completely true. There are the rewrites! ;)

January 11, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

They're nice and short, just a couple of hundred words each, I think, and I should have far more than ten, since I've been posting them for about a month. But a page a day, a book a year is a nice inspirational motto. Thanks!

January 11, 2009  
Blogger John McFetridge said...

That was Joseph Wambaugh's advice - write one page a day and in a year you'll have a first draft.

January 11, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Even at my bite-size daily pace, that would give me 75,000 words at the end of the year. Good thing I'm at work on eleven and twelve already.

Yep, sooner or later I'll have to dtop those Roman numerals.

January 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home